Semi-continuous oil refining process is designed basing on batch oil refining process, but the oil capacity is higher than batch type. Compared with batch oil refining method, semi-continuous oil refining process is more efficient. Meanwhile, semi-continuous oil refining process needs less investment cost than fully continuous oil refining plant. The semi-continuous oil refining capacity can be designed customized according to customers’ requirements. Semi-continuous oil refining plant is suitable for middle scale of oil refining plant from 10TPD to 50TPD, so that it is also called middle scale oil refining unit.
Raw Materials for Semi-Continuous Oil Refining Plant
Semi-continuous oil refining plant can process wide range of oilseed materials.
- Vegetable seed oil: Cottonseed oil, sunflower seed oil, soybean oil, peanut oil, palm oil, coconut oil, chiaseed oil, etc.
- Fruit oil: Grape seed oil, palm fruit oil, olive oil, avocado oil, etc.
- Animal oil: Fish oil, seal oil, etc.
Semi-Continuous Oil refining Process
Semi-continuous oil refining process is extremely similar to batch oil refining, but there is a main process that is different from batch type, deodorization.
- Deacidification/ Neutralization: Use NaOH to react with FFA inside oil. Then the reaction product soap stock will be discharged.
- De-gumming: Use hot water to mix with crude oil to remove the gum inside oil. Then dry the oil for bleaching process.
- Decoloration/Bleaching: Use the bleaching earth to take the impurities out. Then use the filter to remove the bleaching earth.
- Deodorization: This is the main different type from batch type oil refinery. It’s continuous type. We use the continuous deodorization tower to remove the peroxide value. Then there will be no serious smell in oil. After filtering, you will get final oil product.
Main Parts of Semi-Continuous Oil Refining
- Refining section: used for P-acid de-gumming, alkali refining de-acid and water rinsing.
- Decoloring section: used to remove pigments, bleaching oils and grease dehydrate.
- Deodorizing section: to remove the odor components off oil.
- Dewax: used to remove the wax off the oil, in order to get the high quality oil.
- Heat-transfer oil stove: supply each device that needs heat energy; temperature can reach above 280°C.
- Steam generator: produce steam for de-odoring and distillation.
- Vacuum pump: supply vacuum for dehydrate, de-color, de-odor. Vacuum degree can reach above 755mm Hg.
- Press filter: filter clay, filter out clear oil.
- Air compressor: blow dry bleached clay, blow empty the leftover oil in the press filter.